That blog post does a bunch of stuff in "step 3" that I definitely
would not recommend.  Building your own version of GWT for that is not
necessary.  You can set those properties in your own module and it
will redefine them.  Or if you really need to, you can just put your
own UserAgent.gwt.xml in the CLASSPATH in front of the gwt libraries
and that works too, you don't need to rebuild GWT for that.