Barry schrieb:

> The failure message is: Class Return Call Failure:
> com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: The call failed on
> the server; see server log for details.

[...]

> (java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission suppressAccessChecks)

A SecurityManager is denying access to a private member
of your class.

>       at
> java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.setAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:
> 107)
>       at
> com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serializeClass(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
> 619)

You need this for (de)serializing data when the member is
private. You can try the following things:

 - Use java.io.Serializable instead of IsSerializable
   I don't know the sources of GWT but maybe that is
   enough to let the GWT deserializer use ObjectInputStream.readObject()
   instead of its own deserialization-routine
 - Change the members of your class from private to public
   That's what I have done, because the objects being exchanged
   between client and server are GWT-only anyway, only used there
   and not visible in other parts of the server.
 - Change the settings of the SecurityManager to allow the
   access of private members for ServerSerializationStreamWriter

Hosted mode works because there is no or a SecurityManager
with fitting settings being installed.

Regards, Lothar