You can create the singleton inside the interface. e.g:

public class MyImages implemens AbstractImageStoreThingie {
    AbstractImagePrototype closeButton();
    ... more AIPs.....

    public static MyImages STORE =
(MyImages)GWT.create(MyImages.class);
}

Then you can just go:

MyImages.STORE.closeButton();

Looks a lot better than endless GWT.create() calls, regardless of
whether GWT optimizes it or not.