Hi Sunny,

I can't say for sure what's going wrong in step 3), but to help figure
it out I wanted to suggest a couple of things to narrow it down.

Before that, a quick note about the size of the data you're sending
over - it doesn't seem like the size of the objects you're sending
back would be sufficient to stall the response, but could you try with
a smaller data set just to see how the RPC call responds? That would
clue us in as to whether the data you're sending is causing the
problem. If you could also track the size of the payload being sent
over the wire, that would also be helpful.

Now more troubleshooting suggestions:

1) Could you try debugging through your server-side code, up until the
point it returns the response back up to the hosted mode browser? As
you mentioned the method itself runs and returns fast enough, but I
would to make sure there isn't some RemoteServiceServlet boiler-plate
code where the response is getting trapped and taking longer. Since
your application seems to work fine in web mode, this is probably
unlikely but worth checking out.

2) Could you try running hosted mode with the -noserver option, using
your production server instead of the embedded Tomcat instance? This
would help isolate the problem to either the embedded Tomcat instance
or the hosted mode code dispatching and running the asynchronous
callback.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel