Thanks for reporting this.  Filed as issue 179
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/issues/detail?id=179
Check the issue tracker - I've got a preliminary patch for the problem,
applied against the maps 1.0 release branch in subversion.  Before
finalizing it, I really need to add more unit tests to make sure the problem
doesn't exist for the other types.

-Eric.

--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/