Hi Manish,

I corrected your quoting to make it easier to read.

Manish Kumar schrieb:
> Arthur Kalmenson wrote:
>> That link is for Java classes that can be used on the client side, not
>> the server side. On the server side you can use any Java classes you
>> want.
>
> This seems a bit confusive statement.As per my knowledge ,Packages mention
> in JRE Emulation for GWT
> on this location
> (http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&s=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&t=RefJreEmulation
>
>  )are applied to Both server as well as client.

The JRE Emulation is valid for the client-part. Because it's a subset
of the Java Runtime Library, it's of course valid for the server-side
as well. But the server-side isn't limited to that because it's
running inside a Java Virtual Machine, e.g. a Tomcat-server etc.

> And also,for the same functionalitiy, I came to knew that we can call  a
> external java script function
> (resposible for creating and writing files) inside a GWT Code (client side)
> using JSNI .Is this a good solution?

There is no Javascript-function that allows you to write to the
local filesystem. There are only hacks taking advantages of bugs
in browsers to achieve that but this kind of thing don't last
very long and is nothing I would expect inside a widget-library.

> Please correct if I am wrong at any point.

The link was correct ;-)

Regards, Lothar