Suri,

If the current Java code is in the same project where you are adding
GWT on the client, you don't need a jar.

Your current Java code does have to be sanitized to meet the 'closed
world' requirements of the GWT compiler.  Read the documentation on
the GWT compiler and JRE emulation classes for details.

Your current Java code will have to be findable by the GWT compiler,
which means there must be a .gwt.xml file on the classpath when you
run the GWT compiler (you'll need to create that), and it needs to
indicate where the compile sources are.  There are basically two ways
to approach this part:

1. keep your sources exactly where they are; place your Pkg1.gwt.xml
file in the root folder of the smallest containing sub-tree for all
the classes you need to include, and use the <source path="x"/> tag as
many times as necessary to indicate (and hopefully isolate) just the
classes you want compiled by GWT.

2. do a little folder reorganization so that the classes you will
share between server and client side are isolated cleanly; have a
'client' folder at the root of that sub-tree, and place your
Pkg1.gwt.xml file as a direct sibling to the client folder.  Then you
don't need <source> tags.

Try that, report any errors you get, and we'll sort it out from there.

Walden