Yes, and it usually makes sense to approach this in a two-tier
fashion:

1. Client Tier.  Depending on what roles your user is in, the screen
you paint for them should not even contain the links or buttons used
to invoke operations or services they are not entitled to.  In my
application, I push entitlement information out to the UI so these
decisions can be managed there during the rendering of a screen.  For
example, I have a Portfolio Browser which, if the user is in the
Trader role, supports a right-click context menu which supports trade
order entry.  For all other users, the context menu is never even
created.

2. Server Tier.  You can implement the same role-based authorizations
you currently have on the server.  Your single entry point action
class sounds a lot to me like the equivalent of a ServletFilter.  The
client side authorizations should mean that a request never fails on
the server due to unauthorized use, but it is safer to have more than
one checkpoint.

So the answer is Yes.

Walden