Technically it isn't GWT but rather your browser that caches the
response.

There are a couple of ways to get around the caching done by your
browser.

A client side (GWT) solution would be to add a "cache buster" to the
servlet url as a query parameter. This could be something like a
filename, or a time stamp depending upon what is appropriate for the
situation.

A server side solution would be to configure your web server to add
cache-control headers to the response generated by the server. How you
would do this really depends upon your server and there is no single
"do it this way" solution for all cases.

One other possibility is to use HTTPS as browsers automatically DO NOT
cache anything over HTTPS.

-jason