Hello Jose,

The solution to send data with the request builder is to use a POST:

RequestBuilder rb = new RequestBuilder(RequestBuilder.POST, url);

The difference of POST and GET ist:
GET: only the "address line" is sent to the server. If you want to
send data with a GET you must put it as a parameter into the URL:
http://www.xyz.de&data=thisisthedatata
POST: you can provide an URL and send additional data:
requestBuilder.sendRequest(data, new RequestCallback() {

OK, I have got a question, too:
What is this line doing?  url = intrinsics.getCachedUrl(url, 1);
What does it do with the URL and why can it avoid the same origin
problem?
I'm not using gadgets but I'm looking for a possibility how to call a
web service from GWT that is not on the same server as my GWT site.
(E.g. calling the amazon web service from my site (client) which is
built with GWT).

One solution of course is that I make a call to my server and the
servlet then calls the webservice and answers to the GWT client with
the response data from the web service. But I explicitly wnat to avoid
to make a call to my server.

If you have any idea please let me know.

Regards

Andreas