Hi all,
I am trying to prototype a GWT module within an existing Struts 1
based application and I ran into this problem. I tried it on 2
different servers although I was pretty certain it wasn't server
related which was confirmed when the same behaviour was observed in
both Sun AppServer and Tomcat.

I create a GWT application within my Struts application and use the
ANT compilation so that, the compiled files get copied over to the web
root of the overall application ...i.e
applicationRoot
      - webroot
      - src (java src)
      - app_gwt (gwt src)

and then the necessary compilation output of app_gwt is stored under a
folder /gwt/ in the webroot.

I reconfigured an existing action path to do whatever action and
changed the forward to point to the newly created HTML file from
GWT....

    <action path="/doSomething" type="package.xxx.yyy.DoAction"
parameter="dispatch">
        <forward name="success" path="/gwt/testpack.aaa.bbb.RandomTest/
RandomTest.html"/>
    </action>

When I perform the action, the intended HTML seems to be called,
however, the javascript doesn't seem to be automatically invoked. So,
what I end up seeing is a blank page, but when i click "View Source" I
do see the actual HTML file with the reference to the GWT generated
javascript.

i.e http://localhost:8080/doSomething.do

However, when I access the page directly,

http://localhost:8080/gwt/testpack.aaa.bbb.RandomTest/RandomTest.html

The page gets generated correctly with the javascript being invoked as
desired.

Any ideas on what might wrong here?

Thanks
Suri