I have a collection of Serializable objects like this:

class A {
  /**
   * @gwt.typeArgs <java.io.Serializable>
   */
    List list;
}

I need to change it because when I migrate to GWT 1.5.2 , I get
warnings like this:
                  [WARN] Deprecated use of gwt.typeArgs for field
properties; Please use java.util.Map<java.lang.String,
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable> as the field's type

My first attempt was to change it to:
class A {
    List<Serializable> list;
}

The problem seems to be that it tries to generate code for all the
subclasses of Serializable!!! That does not make sense to me since
when I use Serializable I am thinking any class that that can already
be used as an RPC argument.

My next attempt was not to hint the gwt compiler using old fashion
collections.

class A {
    List list;
}

But it is even worst since it tries to generate code for all the
subclasses of Object.

A similar problem is discussed in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/94139c474ddc3f89/6bcee214fb30e639?lnk=gst&q=serializable#6bcee214fb30e639

So the question is, how can send heterogeneous objects in a collection?