For anyone who wants animations, and doesn't want to have to just plug
in javascript animation libraries, I've just finished an animation/
effect framework written from the ground up in GWT. Mind you, it's a
framework, so it doesn't come with many animations/effects. I put in
what I considered to be the basic necesities, in case that's all you
need, or to be used as examples for animations/effects to help you
create your own animations. Included animations are object translation
(movement), orbital movement (moving around in a circle), and
checkpoint based movement. The included effects are fading, sliding in
all directions, and blinding in all directions. I've also included
classes to do parallel and series animations. Everything I've written
toggles properly and smoothly, even mid-animation. To make life
easier, I've got sample code on my Google Code page and also created a
javadoc (yes, everything is documented).

check out the google code page at
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-majic/