hi darkflame,
I recently used my GWT widget inside an iframe in an joomla article, which
required me to access the current user information, for which I make a few
calls to php files, which accessed the jfactory to get user information and
the same was returned to the GWT widget. If you want more information on
this, I can help you over it.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

--