I've been using GWT successfully for a few months now without any
major problems.  Today, I got a surprise when adding a widget to the
RootPanel -- it gets added twice!

I've reduced the code to just two lines in onModuleLoad():

public void onModuleLoad() {
                Button btn = new Button("button");
                RootPanel.get().add(btn);
        }

The double add happens every time.  I have cleaned my project (in
Eclipse), and I've re-downloaded GWT 1.5.2 in case something happened
to the JAR files.  These items haven't fixed the problem.

I'm initially suspicious that there's something up with my
configuration or some such item.  This seems too obvious to be a bug
that wasn't fixed already (and why haven't I seen it to now?), and I
didn't see any bugs like this in the GWT bug tracker.

Has anyone else seen this?  Can anyone provide some advice?