Hi there

I'm with Isaac on this one! I have written both GWT RPC callbacks and
JSON types of communication.

We use purely java so I have had experience with both in a Java
container.

If your application will only reside on your server so no Cross Site
Scripting issues I'd really go with GWT Callbacks. They are easy to
implement and very clear for code maintenence to read and understand
with the whole onSuccess and onFailure handling.

If however you are writing widgets that need to communicate with
servers other than the one it resides in you have no choice but to go
the JSON route and implement JSONP.

Thats my initial thoughts.

eggsy