On 22 oct, 14:39, Lothar Kimmeringer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Manish Kumar schrieb:
>
> > Right now, I am completely stuck off at on point. I have a web server which
> > uploads the file using PUT method only. We have to put the file from GWT
> > (using RequestBuilder) client to webserver.
>
> > At this point of time, this is quite problematic to change the server
> > functionalities.
>
> > As the GWT doesn't suppport PUT method,We are completely stuck off
>
> The reason why GWT don't support PUT is simply because the browser
> (the GWT-application is relying on) don't support that in general.

AFAIK, this is a Safari-2-only limitation; but there are also broken
proxies/firewalls out there that only allows HEAD/GET/POST.

> > Can anybody please help me out to get the idea for providing the
> > implementation of PUT method in GWT by any means.

Pretty easy actually: use the protected constructor of
RequestBuilder !

   rb = new RequestBuilder("PUT", url) { /* nothing to add or override
*/ };

However, I'd first check that the server accepts some kind of "method
override" (actually "tunneling" an HTTP method into a POST). What
strikes me is that you're talking about sending files with a
RequestBuilder !?