I am only getting a part of the map widget rendering when I run my gwt
application. This happens both in hosted and non-hosted mode. I need
to resize the window before i get a complete map.

Here is my code

                mapWidget = new MapWidget(initialPoint, zoomLevel);
                mapWidget.setSize(width, height);
                initWidget(mapWidget);
                mapWidget.addControl(new SmallMapControl());
                mapWidget.addControl(new MapTypeControl());

I am using GWT 1.5.2 on a mac