On 10/23/08, darkflame <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  If my GWT app is in a container iframe, is it possible to get
>  propertys of elements from outside that frame?
>
>  I tried a simple;
>
>   DOM.getElementById("testid").getInnerText())
>
>  But the app couldnt find it.
>
>  Is there any way for the GWT app to look "outside" its container? Or
>  to even tell if it has one?

I use EXACTLY the code you use, and it works for me.

Specifically, I put a div directly above the div which contains the
gwt project, thus:

I use this so that I can plunk my gwt app on different sites without
any modification whatsoever, and pass in the variables it needs for
the particular site.

John