On 4 nov, 07:52, ArunDhaJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> When I use HTTPRequest's asyncGet, it sends the request twice. This
> creates problem in my application.
> On a request I send a "name" parameter as query string, the servlet
> makes a database entry with this value which is a unique field.
>
> When I use asyncGet it adds an entry into the database without any
> problem, since its sending the request again(I don't know why) adding
> a duplicate entry in unique field throws exception.

Not a solution but... GET is supposed to be safe and idempotent in
HTTP (i.e. no side-effect on the resource, could be repeated without
side-effect, and without "breaking" anything; a response to GET could
be cached so that other GET requests are served from intermediaries
and never ever reach the origin server; that's actually what makes the
Web scale so well).
You should definitely use a POST (either to the same URL, having the
"name" in the query-string, or sending the "query" as application/x-
www-form-urlencoded in the request body --same format as a query-
string, but as request "data" instead of being surfaced in the URL--);
either by using asyncPost or, better, replacing HttpRequest calls with
RequestBuilder.

Actually, this might be your problem: the browser assume that GET is
safe and idempotent and that it can safely make two requests (I bet
they're not exactly the same actually).