Hi,

I am testing out a simple RPC call (as in the StockWatcher example).
I'm pulling some records from a database in the service now:

public class MyServiceImpl extends RemoteServiceServlet
    implements IMyService

    public Stuff[] getStuff(String criteria)
    {
        Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
        con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/
test","username","password");
        stmt = con.createStatement();
        rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM blah");
        while (rs.next()) {

    return stuff;
}

It works fine, but I'm wondering about performance if I have several
thousand users calling this webservice simultaneously - would each
client be creating a brand new connection to my database when this RPC
function is called? If so, is that going to hold up for large volumes
of users? If not, can I somehow keep one db connection alive on my
server to pass around to new clients instead of constantly
reconnecting?

Thanks