On 18 nov, 19:28, Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have some clients that are running my GWT application and getting
> errors when it tries to load JSON data. I don't know yet what browser/
> version they are using. Probably IE5 but I am not sure.

Are you sure your JSON is "well-formed"?
The following isn't "well-formed" JSON for instance:

   { "key": "value", }

because of the comma not being followed by a key-value pair.
This not valid JavaScript either, and some browsers will refuse to
"parse" (eval()) it.

> Does anyone have some code I can put in my html host page, so that the
> GWT code is not loaded for unsupported browsers?  (GWT 1.5.3)

As soon as you're using some code with browser-specific bindings
(anything within com.google.gwt.user.*), IE versions older than IE6
cause an error and the module doesn't load at all. For other supported
browsers, version isn't taken into account (for instance, any version
of Opera is detected as "opera"); and any webkit-based browser
(advertising WebKit in its navigator.userAgent) will be detected as
"safari" (this includes Google Chrome for instance).