+ on the gwt-diagrams suggestion. Doing line drawings or drag and drop
in a webbrowser are both rather difficult (but doable) proposals that
come with a boatload of caveats, idiosyncrasies, and other curious
perversions. You are far better off using a well tested library
written by an expert than trying to roll your own.