Thank you for the hint.

In fact, I was confused when I read your comment at the first time.
Why should we deploy the application if we just want to debug on the
hosted mode?

Later on, when I read the online tutorial carefully, it seems that the
following statement implies that we need to deploy the application on
the local tomcat server in advance. "Let's now pretend that we have in
fact integrated StockWatcher into an existing PHP site." Is that
correct?

I created a folder call StockWatcher directly under my local tomcat
webapps directory, and compiled the StockWatcher application and
copied all files under gwt-linux-1.5.3/StockWatcher/StockWatcher/www/
com.google.gwt.sample.stockwatcher.StockWatcher  to my local tomcat
webapps/StockWatcher folder.

Now I am able to see StockWatcher running on my local tomcat server on
the hosted mode. However, when I typed in a stock symbol, I got
another error:

requested resource (/StockWatcher/stockPrices) is not available.</u>

Any other comments?

Cheers,

Jas