Zujee, that's not how you solve this problem.

Make the client download the properties from the server. Basically,
have a simple servlet that takes one parameter and returns the
appropriate properties, e.g. as a HashMap which you transfer via GWT-
RPC.

If you don't know what GWT-RPC is, its one of the systems you can use
to chat between client and server. There's plenty of documentation
available from the main GWT site about how to use it.