These features generally only work if the textbox and passwordbox are
in the initial HTML.

In GWT's normal modus operandi, the boxes are added dynamically by the
javascript.

The solution is to have the boxes in the static HTML file that
bootstraps GWT (normally auto-generated by the applicationCreator), in
a div that makes them hidden (use visibility and not display: none).