Hi,
The .gwt.xml will be used only when you compile the Java code to
javascript.
So you will not be deploying the .gwt.xml.

Setting the user.agent and locale properties are just to make the
development cycle faster.
And when you actually do the final build you would not use these
properties.

I guess you would be able to use the embedded server even if you have
integrated the server side to spring.
I found this approach some where in the net, but don't remember where.

Anyways,
if we could map all your remote services to path like /services/
XXXXXService
then we would be able to map the spring dispatcher servlet to

<url-pattern>/com.abc.xyz.XYZ/services/*Service</url-pattern>
 or
<url-pattern>/com.abc.xyz.XYZ/services/*</url-pattern>  ........ I am
not sure whether .../*Service worked correctly for me.

Well... now... will this actually solve the problem.... changes to the
service not reflecting on the fly.
I think it will not. I am not sure though... i was developing a
prototype and had no time to investigate.

I think the GWTShell uses its own class loader and that is how it
handles dynamic loading of the changes.
And when we took a different path - the spring dispatcher - we lost
this feature.

But yes the client changes will be reflected because it goes thro
GWTShell. Theoretically...

G, if you r trying this out pls let us know whether all this makes
sense.

Thanks,
Jossey.