On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 03:52, Patrick Ratelband <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have been working a while now on properly defending my GWT app
> against Cross Site Request Forgery (XRSF) with a minimal change in the
> code of the application itself.

I've done something similar for an application I am working on, but the RPC
format uses pure JSON rather than the GWT RPC system.  For the most part it
serializes just about anything GWT RPC would serialize, but the object
property names appear "plain text" on the wire.  The advantage of course is
non-GWT clients and servers can actually speak to each other.  Standard JSON
along with automatic XSRF were my main requirements.  The application I am
using it in is open source, I don't want to be obfuscating the wire
protocol.

The RemoteJsonServlet base class automatically handles XSRF key generation
and validation, so you extend it and implement your interface.  The client
side proxies are generated to automatically insert the XSRF token into the
HTTP request headers.  So its fairly transparent to the application.

Its still under development, but I'm using it in Gerrit 2, and thus far its
working out quite nicely for my needs.

Code is here:

  http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gwtjsonrpc.git;a=summary

README describing it in a bit more detail:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gwtjsonrpc.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=HEAD