rlaferla schrieb:

> I have already searched this
> forum and there is a thread on doing a file download but that's for a
> file that exists on disk and for various reasons, my application
> cannot write the string to a file first.

There are already a couple of threads covering that topic and
if the URL that is used for downloading a file is leading to
the execution of e.g. a servlet, the data doesn't need to reside
on the filesystem but can be created dynamically. Actually
in my current application most of the file downloads is data
being created in memory only.

Regards, Lothar