Hi Rahul,
When editing your sources in Eclipse, do you first refresh the hosted mode
browser before hitting Compile / Browse, or go straight to Compile / Browse?
If you are skipping the refresh step, it's possible that that's what
responsible for the NullPointerException you're encountering. In fact, I've
reproduced a similar error on my side by doing just that.

However, it does seem like the right thing that should take place would be
the hosted mode console warning the user that they didn't refresh, or better
still have hosted mode perform an implicit refresh when necessary. We should
create an issue report to track this problem.

Feel free to create a new report on the Issue Tracker (link below):
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/list

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel