Hello,

I have my application already done and running (servlet, jsp,
spring, ...).
I would like to add gwt in the front end because of its nice
components (tree and grid for instance).

I've done the differents tutorials with gwt alone and all is working
fine.
Now I want to go further : integrate gwt into my application :-)

The scenario: I would like to display a gwt tree thanks to a link
(href) from one of the web page of my application.

What I tried: I put a simple link (href) calling directly my class
which extends RemoteServiceServlet.

public class myRemoteServiceServlet extends RemoteServiceServlet {...}

and in the page :
param1Name=param1Value&param2Name=param2Value">

At a first try, it complains about missing GET methods. As a
consequence, I declare doGet and doPost which only call super.doGet
and super.doPost.

But after doing this, it now complains about :

16:07:48 [ERROR] - ApplicationContext.log(678) | Exception while
dispatching incoming RPC call
javax.servlet.ServletException: Content-Length must be specified
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPCServletUtils.readContentAsUtf8
(RPCServletUtils.java:131)
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.readContent
(RemoteServiceServlet.java:335)
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost
(RemoteServiceServlet.java:77)

Now my questions :
1) is it possible to call directly a subclass of
RemoteServiceServlet ?
2) does my process is good. If not, how should I process (to display a
gwt gadget from a link) ?

Thanks in advanced for your help,

    Hieu.