On Dec 3, 4:54 pm, marcelstoer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Inhttp://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/threa...
> an issue was raised (but not solved apparently) that we're seeing here
> too.
>
> In hosted mode we're only seeing the log statements from our own GWT
> application, but we're missing the ones from Spring and Hibernate
> albeit the log4j config seems to be correct. It doesn't make a
> difference if I set the root logger to a debug level.
> Any ideas?

Ok, the solution is to add the file commons-logging.properties to the
classpath redirecting the commons logger to Log4j. This will do it:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Also one might need to declare the log4j config file location in the
web.xml:

<listener>
    <listener-class>org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener</
listener-class>
</listener>

<context-param>
    <param-name>log4jConfigLocation</param-name>
    <param-value>classpath:log4j.properties</param-value>
</context-param>

HTH,
Marcel