Well using GWT itself u can accomplish this.... there is no need for going
for native JS. Plz see the below links...

http://examples.roughian.com/#Tutorials~Panel_Fade
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/8e7f7027b290a70d/a349e4f4a5a66e14?pli=1

Good luck,
Litty Preeth