On Dec 5, 8:38 am, Suri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > Hi Pohl,
 > Thanks for the idea. I figured there could be a way around it
maybe,
 > but from what I read about the gen2PagingScrollTablefrom the
 > incubator's synopsis, it seemed like they mentioned the sorting can
be
 > done locally as well

Actually, everything that I suggested was an effort to figure out how
to sort locally.  I assume that "locally" means on the client side,
which is where your TableModel lives.  The more I think about it, the
more it seems like this is exactly what the incubator synopsis means
by sorting locally.  I believe they expect you to interrogate the
ColumnSortList and sort it differently for each case.