I have my GTileLayerOverlay adding and showing on start, and have them
listed in a tree on the left.  I then want the checkbox to toggle the
visibility of the layer.  But my problem is I have tried both remove
and show/hide.  Hide hides the GTileLayerOverlay, until you change the
zoom on the map.  Then it's back, so that's no help.  So I try to
remove the overlay, and then re-add it, but it never comes back.

Any suggestions?

P.s. I would like to start the overlay off, so I tried adding it
hiding, but it doesn't do anything.  if I don't have it added on load
of the map, then it seems addOverlay doesn't do anything.

Do I need to call something after addOverlay?  I tried setCenter
(map.getCenter()) to see if would force some sort of rendering to
occur but it doesn't seem to do anything.