For a PopupPanel take a look at onKeyPressPreview - handle ENTER, ESC
etc key events there.

Generally, you are looking at over-riding onEventPreview to handle the
keyboard events you want.

There is no magical "setDefaultButton" method. In fact, the default
button formatting (if required) you have to implement separately.