Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am new to GWT so am still trying to
get my head round how everything works...

So basically I have my server set up. It can send data to the client
using an AsyncCallback etc. Now I need the client to send something
back to the server. For example, if the user selects something from a
drop down menu I want that value to be sent to the server as a
variable, the server to retrive some data from the database and then
send it back to the client. I cant work out how to send the variable
to the server. I'm sure its simple enough but would someone be able to
explain to me how to do this? And if not point me to some
documentation which would talk me through it?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Jack