This question has been asked and answered numerous times. Please
search the group before asking.

With regards to your question, it is possible, you just need to watch
out for Hibernate specific Collections like PersistentSet and
PersistentList. I just copy them to an explicit HashSet or ArrayList
before sending them to the client side. Another solution is using
Dozer as Stephen mentioned. This would involve creating DTOs though.

--
Arthur Kalmenson