I have had similar response time issues with IE. In my development
platform I was seeing extremely good responsiveness from all browsers
(Chrome, Firefox, and IE). But later when we tested with a few other
people in the company we found that performance on IE was terrible. It
was taking 1-2 seconds for a simple popup box to display and some
other features that worked in less than a second in FireFox was taking
6-8 in IE.

  What we ended up finding out is that there were some plugins for IE
that were dragging the performance down.