Hey all,
I was looking for a solution to the exception handling described above
and tried the technique suggested. However, when I implement the
exception in the onFailure method as shown, eclipse barfs and shows a
"unhandled exception type throwable" error at me. Same thing happens
when I try to compile anyway.

- I'm using GWT 1.5 and tried extending the exception with both
Exception as well as SerializationException
- Also, I'm implementing a fascade pattern as described in the GWT in
Action Book for the RPC calls.

Here's a scenario of what I'm trying

public class MyRPCException extends Exception
{
   // same definition of exception as above really.
}

public interface MyRPCService
{
    ArrayList<SomeType> load() throws MyRPCException;
}

public interface MyRPCServiceAsync
{
   void load(AsyncCallback<ArrayList<SomeType>>);
}

public class MyRPCFascade
{
        private MyRPCFascade()   // singleton is used just didn't
bother inserting code here because i think its irrelevant to the
issue.
    {
        proxy = (MyRPCServiceAsync) GWT.create(MyRPCService.class);
        ServiceDefTarget endPoint = (ServiceDefTarget) proxy;
        endPoint.setServiceEntryPoint("/myRPCService");
    }

   public void load(AsyncCallback<ArrayList<SomeType>>)
   {
       proxy.load(callback);

--- Server side ----
public class MyRPCServiceImpl implements MyRPCService
{
  public ArrayList<SomeType> load() throws MyRPCExecption
  {
      try {.....}
      catch(SomeException e) { throw new MyRPCException(); }

----- Client Side ----
myRPCFascade.load(new SomeTypeCallback() )

class SomeTypeCallback implements AysncCallback<ArrayList<SomeType>>
{
   public void onSuccess(ArrayList<SomeType> result)
  {
         //        .... process result
  }

 public void onFailure(Throwable caught)