OK, I whipped this up for you. It should get you close to what you
want to do. The downside will be that you may have to have a 'visible'
widget (in this case a transparent image) to anchor.

import java.util.HashMap;

import com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ClickListener;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Image;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Label;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget;

public class AnchorManager {

        private HashMap<String, Widget> anchors = new HashMap<String, Widget>
();

        public Widget createLink(String text, final String anchorName) {
                Label lbl = new Label(text);
                lbl.addClickListener(new ClickListener() {
                        public void onClick(Widget sender) {
                                try {
                                        showAnchor(anchorName);
                                } catch (Exception e) {
                                        // TODO: handle Exception
                });
                return lbl;
        }

        public Widget createAnchorWidget(String name) throws Exception {
                if (!anchors.containsKey(name)) {
                        return new Image("pixel.gif"); // really should use
image bundle
                } else {
                        throw new Exception("Anchor already exists");

        public void showAnchor(String name) throws Exception {
                if (anchors.containsKey(name)) {
                        DOM.scrollIntoView(anchors.get(name).getElement());
                } else {
                        throw new Exception("Anchor does not exists");