In Firefox 2, if you select File, Print Preview, then Page Setup, then
Format&Options, and make sure that "Print Background (color and
images)" is checked, I see the live demo page more or less correctly
in Print Preview with this checked. But lots of stuff is missing
(including axis lines) if this is unchecked (note: default setting is
unchecked).

GChart uses backgrounds of blank images for much of what it does,
which is why you need to check this to get everything to print that
shows on the screen in Firefox 2.

I don't test GChart for how well the chart's can be printed in the
various browsers (I've never had much luck printing out web pages,
period). In the end it is HTML in the browser, so it should be
printable to the degree that HTML is, in theory, but it was looking
pretty ugly in print preview when I tried to print the live demo page
from IE7 just now. FF2 (with the setting above) seemed to do much
better.

HTH,

John C. Gunther
http://gchart.googlecode.com