Hi Peter,

As far as I know, if the mobile browsers are built from Mozilla and/or
WebKit builds, your GWT application should work on them. However, you may
want to reconsider the style and positioning of your application, or perhaps
even create a lighter version of your application, based on the browser
you're running on and the resources available. I would also double-check the
following two points:

1) Which phone are planning to support in specific? Which build is it using?
Check if the build is in the list of supported browsers (link below).

GWT Supported Browsers:
http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&s=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&t=FAQ_CurrentlySupportBrowsers

2) Test your application on the mobile browser thoroughly. There may be
slight differences in the mobile browser that could break certain UI widget
implementations, especially if it's using a custom build, in which case you
can create your own specialized widget and plug it in via a deferred binding
rule.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel