Pham Tran Quoc Viet schrieb:

> By the way, I could not find RemoteServiceException in GWT doc. So, I
> assume it's your custom exception, right?

That's correct. But it's nothing very secret happening there so I
can post it here without being sent to the south-east-end of Cuba ;-)

------snip
/**
 * Exception that will be thrown if there was an error while performing
 * remote functions on the server
 * @author "Lothar Kimmeringer" <lot...@kimmeringer.de>
 *
 */
public class RemoteServiceException extends SerializableException {
    private String stackTrace;
    private String message;

    /**
     * Creates a new instance of RemoteServiceException
     */
    public RemoteServiceException() {
        super();
    }

    /**
     * Creates a new instance of RemoteServiceException
     * @param message The message indicating the reason for the exception
     * @param cause The cause leading to the exception
     */
    public RemoteServiceException(String message, String cause) {
        super(message);
        this.message = message;
        stackTrace = cause;
    }

    /**
     * Creates a new instance of RemoteServiceException
     * @param message The message indicating the reason for the exception
     */
    public RemoteServiceException(String message) {
        super(message);
        this.message = message;
    }

    /**
     * Returns the stacktrace of the cause
     * @return The cause
     */
    public String getCauseStackTrace() {
        return stackTrace;
    }

    /**
     * Returns the message of the exception
     */
    public String getMessage(){
        return message;
------snip

You can get the stacktrace as string doing the following:

StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();
throwable.printStackTrace(new PrintWriter(sw));
String stacktrace = sw.toString();

You have to do it outside the above exception, because the exception above
must be in a client-package, i.e. you are restricted to the GWT Java
ruling out PrintWriter at least.

Regards, Lothar