1. Not sure but I don't think so
2. Get the span and shove it in an HTML widget

3. Get the content of the span and shove it in an HTML widget. Add a click
listener to the HTML widget. Clear the content of the span. Stick the HTML
widget in the span.

You might also find it useful to subclass Label, set the style name to
something else, and hard code display:inline for its element.

Ian

http://examples.roughian.com