Hi guys,

I'd like to integrate a captcha into my registration page, so I
thought I'd ping the community to see what other people are using and
what their recommendations are for a Java/Servlet implementation?

I've tried JCaptcha. It's a good project and straightforward to use,
but I've found the distortion factor to be too great (others have also
voiced concerns about this). My feeling is that this will prove to be
a limiting factor w.r.t. user experience (e.g. you have to refresh a
handful of times before "someone like my mom" gets lucky and can
correctly read the characters...).

Also, I'm looking for open source or free project recommendations.

Thanks,
Daniel