Hey all,

I'm experimenting with developing firefox extensions, and along the
way I ran into a weird issue when trying to insert a gwt javascript
file into a page loaded by the browser.

That is, after the page has loaded, I want to add:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="path/to/my/
gwt/js/file"></script>

And I do this to the page in the firefox extension using its DOM.

The GWT file is on another domain, but it's been compiled for cross-
site compatability. It works fine when embedded in other pages on
other domains in 'the normal way'.

Other javascript and javascript files (non GWT JS files) embed fine
via my firefox extension using this method.

But when I try to embed my GWT JS, the page just seems to perpetually
load..

I took a look at the generated source, and it looks like this:

<script><!--
window.__gwtStatsEvent && window.__gwtStatsEvent
({moduleName:"com.optime.MyApplication", subSystem:"startup",evtGroup:
"loadExternalRefs", millis:(new Date()).getTime(),type:
"end"});window.__gwtStatsEvent && window.__gwtStatsEvent
({moduleName:"com.optime.MyApplication", subSystem:"startup",evtGroup:
"moduleStartup", millis:(new Date()).getTime(),type:
"moduleRequested"});document.write("<script src=\"http://www.google.ie/
8BDF4B7FBE694A7FEF2081ED89CCB5BB.cache.js\"></scr" + "ipt>");
--></script><script src="http://www.google.ie/
8BDF4B7FBE694A7FEF2081ED89CCB5BB.cache.js"></script>

The page I was looking at here was google.ie, with the extension
trying to add my GWT file to the DOM. The first obvious problem I can
see is that it seems to be looking for other associated GWT files
directly on the google.ie domain rather than where they actually are
on my own server.

This might be a really silly problem or oversight on my part..but is
this expected behaviour? Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any insight!