On 14 jan, 11:59, kungfoo <chris.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two separate GWT applications where one application has a link
> to the other. How do I get hosted mode to run the other application
> when the link is clicked?
>
> My initial solution was to inherit the GWT application that was being
> linked. This allowed for the application's main html file to be
> displayed, but the program did not startup. Is there something I can
> specify in my .gwt.xml file? Thanks.

In hosted mode, the module that is run is the one identified by the
first path component of the URL. So your link should be /
my.other.module/main.html instead of just main.html (within the same
module). Of course, both modules should be on the classpath.

No need to inherit anything or change your gwt.xml in any way; but
your code has to test GWT.isScript() to adjust the link target between
hosted mode and your deployed server (in web mode).

...or you can run with -noserver: modules should correctly load in
hosted mode, whichever URL is used to access them.