Hi Abi,

I am not familiar with JBPM, but here are a couple of techniques you could
use to get your GWT front-end interoperating with JBPM services residing on
the server:

1) Assuming you'll only be using JBPM on the server-side, you could use the
GWT RPC subsystem to make calls from the client that get handled by your RPC
servlets on the server-side. Check out the documentation on GWT RPC linked
below for more details if you're not familiar with how GWT RPC works. Once
on the server-side, you can issue calls to your JBPM services as you would
normally expect.

2) If instead JBPM is a service that is invoked HTTP requests, at the
crudest level you could use the RequestBuilder class to construct the
requests that the JBPM service expects and deal with the response in the
request callback. Depending on the type of data returned, you would have a
variety of ways to parse through it (JSON, XML, etc...).

Using GWT RPC:
http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&s=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&t=DevGuideRemoteProcedureCalls

Using RequestBuilder:
http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&s=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&t=DevGuideHttp

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Feel free to post up more details
about how you need to connect to the JBPM services and we could probably
provide more specific guidance to get you started.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel