I would recommend doing some GWT tutorials (Which you can find using
Google Search) first. There are several ways to do that. To mimic the
Calendar functionality, it could be done using a grid, with a
Clicklistener and CSS. Or you can use the GWT EXT library and use a
mask.

Since I am kind of a GWT purist, I would probably use the
ClickListener + CSS.

Essentially, On Click you turn the cell you are on to CSS_Selected.
Then as you Mouse_Move you see if you crossed over into a new cell, if
you have change that CSS. If you crossed out of a cell you set the CSS
to Unselected.

That's some barebones psuedocode for you, but it should give you a
general ideas of the topics of GWT you need to become familiar with.